.

.

Blog Archive

just bake.




“Stressed is desserts spelled backwards.”

& therefore it’s only common sense to start baking treats when you are stressed out. Ever since I can even remember my mom always knew how to cheer me up by making yummy treats such as chocolate chip cookies or brownies. I always was her little helper, even if it meant just to stand near by to lick the bowl or be the taste tester. As I have grown up and been thrown into stressful situations, I still use my mom’s tactics and resort to baking to help calm me down.

Baking allows me be creative and keeps me distracted while releasing my negative energy that has been locked up. Instead of gravitating towards a stress ball, I fall to stirring, kneading, or mixing that can also help relieve built up tension. Although I can be a very impatient individual, especially while waiting for cookies in the oven, the comforting aromas relax me and arouse feelings of joy and warmth.

Not only does the full baking process help keep me relaxed, but in the end I have something to satisfy my sweet tooth. Baking also has helped me become a much more confident individual. When it comes to baking – & don’t mean to brag – I could possibly be the next “Martha Stewart.” I love seeing the final product and the smile others have when I share my treats.


My Top 5 Comforting Treats (with recipes)


& if you are feeling EXTRA creative after baking, here is a quick and fun DIY by Lauren Conrad to display your yummy treats that you just baked:



& if all else fails, JUST BREATHE.

7 comments:

  1. Mmm, cinnamon buns. Is there anything they CAN'T cure?

    Wait, don't answer that.

    Have a great trip, Lexa.

    -J-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Lexa even though I never take the risk cooking while being stressed. In Ukraine, it is said that you have to cook only with positive thoughts and emotions otherwise your food will poison your body instead of filling it with health. Such a good way to get rid of the unwanted guests)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I am stressed, I definitely turn to baking to help me out. It lets me forget about my problems for a bit and the finished results are always delicious. Thanks for the post Lexa and also I really want to make some cute stands to display my yummy treats on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy and true! Me and my sisters used to fight over who gets to lick the bowl too. I also HAVE to try red velvet cheesecake cookies, they sound so delicious. Thanks for the tips, I will have to spend some quality time with my kitchen this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love baking, and I love Martha Stewart. I of course don't love her past criminal activity, but you know, definitely her decorating and baking skill! I have not tried cheesecake cookies, but now I am considering baking them as a treat for a loved one, I don't know what a smore's pie is but I intend to find out. Great post, and good addition with the DIY cake stand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a pillow with this on it and I firmly advocate for deserts at any time. they should not be last for dinners in my opinion!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Years ago I would always bake to relax, keep my mind busy and de-stress from anything going on at the time. For some reason I stopped the habit.
    Now recently this week I started to pick it up again and I got to say it is as enjoyable as I remember.
    Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete