.

.

Blog Archive

just balance.




Na-ma-ste; [nuhm-uh-stey]; noun
“My soul honors your soul. I honor the place in you where the entire universe resides. I honor the light, love, truth, beauty & peace within you, because it is also within me. In sharing these things we are united, we are the same, we are one.”

Yoga is not something you can judge till you have given it a chance. I know of many individuals that just assume they won’t like it, but have yet to under take it. I have been trying to convince my mom for years to give yoga a chance. Finally in 2013, after some persuading, she gave yoga a shot and fell instantly inlove. She now practices on a regular basis at Waterdown’s newest yoga studio, YogaShala.

Yoga relates to my blog, in the sense that you can “just breathe.” One of my yoga instructors always says, “If you’re breathing, you’re doing yoga.” Yoga is about focusing on your breath, balance, and concentrating on you. There are many different types of yoga to meet the needs of every individual. Check out Women’s Health to find out what style is best for you.

To me, yoga is my happy place where I have a chance to forget about all of my stresses of reality – inhale the best, exhale the stress. Yoga helps keep you balanced within in your physical, emotional, and mental states. Not only does yoga help reduce stress, but it comes alongside many other benefits (see below).

YOGA BENEFITS 101
  • Increases arm strength by 12% after only 16 classes
  • Improves posture
  • Increases flexibility
  • Decreases risk of heart disease
  • Increases lung capacity
  • Increases metabolism & helps digestion
  • Peace of mind

& if all else fails, JUST BREATHE.

3 comments:

  1. Lexa, I love yoga. Its an amazing way to center yourself and relax. I also love that you can do it anywhere, all you need is your matt. I really enjoyed this post and I can't wait to spend my vacation doing some yoga on the beach.
    -Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lexa, I have been trying to motivate myself into getting into Yoga as a way to exercise. This blog just gave me more reasons. I have to find the best way for me to do it. Nomaste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lexa, your blog is so pretty - I've been in love with yoga for years, for extra stress release you should try a hot class - it's an amazing way to release toxins from your body :)

    ReplyDelete