.

.

Blog Archive

just greek.



I love cooking. I love Greek. So when I get the chance to put both of those together, I am in heaven. To be honest I could literally just eat tzatziki out of the container and be content. But, when I am having people over I feel like I should have more on the table then tzatziki… My go to Greek feast is roasted chicken, potatoes with feta and Greek salad (with an extra large side of tzatziki).

When I cook, I tend to not go by the book and follow one exact recipe. And that is the reason why I enjoy cooking so much – I love not having to follow the instructions and instead just throwing in ingredients as I see fit. I am also constantly on Pinterest, reading and reposting different recipes – then combining multiple dishes together to my liking.

Above I mentioned my favourite Greek feast and below I included my recipie – enjoy !

& obviously serve with wine.


Greek Feast | Serves 4-5

 
Roasted Chicken
6 legs and 6 thighs
1 cup chicken broth
¼ cup olive oil
2 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tbls chopped dill
2 tbls minced garlic
6 additional cloves (just peeled)
1 tbsp oregano
Pinch of salt & pepper

Set oven to 375. | Mix all ingredients (except chicken / additional cloves) in a bowl. | Place chicken in a deep casserole dish. | Pour half of the mixture evenly over the chicken. | Flip the chicken and repeat last step. | Cook for approx. 45 minutes (flipping once half way through) and serve hot.


Potatoes with Feta
5 large baking potatoes
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp minced garlic
3 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
¼ cup diced feta

Oven can remain at 375, like chicken. | Wash, scrub, cube potatoes and spread on pan lined with parchment paper. | Mix the remainder of ingredients (except the feta and 1 tsp of lemon juice) in a bowl. | Evenly pour mixture over the potatoes. | While potatoes are in the oven, put feta in small bowl and let it soak in the remaining lemon juice. | Cook potatoes for approx. 40 minutes (flipping halfway through) and serve with the feta sprinkled on top.


Greek Salad Dressing
¼ cup of feta
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp chopped dill
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp oregano
½ cup of olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients together in a blender. | Toss with your favourite veggies / lettuce.

ENJOY!



& if all else fails, JUST BREATHE.

No comments:

Post a Comment