.

.

Blog Archive

just shop.





“A man will never love you or treat you as well as a store. If a man doesn’t fit, you can’t exchange him seven days later for a gorgeous cashmere sweater. And a store always smells good. A store can awaken a lust for things you never even knew you needed.”


This quote is from one of my favourite books, Confessions of a Shopaholic. They have come out with a movie now too, which also happens to be one of my favourites. The story was based on my life – okay not really, but I relate to the main character when it comes to her shopping habits. If you haven’t read this book already, I highly suggest you do – or at least watch the movie!

Anyone that knows me well, knows that I am a shopaholic. I have become better at managing this habit, but I still love to shop any chance I get, especially when I am stressed. Shopping is my way of coping with hard times and without a doubt turning to retail therapy ALWAYS puts me a much better mood.

Going shopping gives me something else to think about and pushes my anxious thoughts to the background. I love wandering through stores and finding new items that I can add to my wardrobe. Whether I find a new dress, a bag, or even something as simple as a lipstick, my mood is always instantly changed. And, there is just something so fulfilling about the moment where you stand at the checkout to pay, your purchase is handed to you wrapped up beautifully in a pretty paper bag, and then you walk out of the store feeling like a new person. 

& if all else fails, JUST BREATHE.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely shop to de-stress, it works wonders. Sometimes, just letting yourself take your mind off what's stressing you out for even 1 hr makes all the difference - and hey, if you get some great stuff while you're at it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “A man will never love you or treat you as well as a store. If a man doesn’t fit, you can’t exchange him seven days later for a gorgeous cashmere sweater. And a store always smells good.”
    As a man, I can confirm; stores typically smell better than us.

    ReplyDelete